WHERE DOES THE WASTE GO?
Waste is reduced to small particles and discharged into the water system through the normal flow of water from the kitchen tap.
WHERE CAN THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT BE INSTALLED?
The waste disposal unit is a device designed to be inserted and used in a domestic environment, specifically in the kitchen, connected to the sink drain. It is only to be used with clean water.
HOW MANY WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT MODELS ARE OFFERED BY ELLECI?
The Elleci product range includes five waste disposal unit models: the 1000 Top, the 750 Top,
the 750, the 500 Top and the 500.
HOW MANY YEARS OF WARRANTY ARE PROVIDED FOR WASTE DISPOSAL UNITS?
The 1000 Top, 750 Top and 500 Top models come with a four-year warranty, while the 750 and 500 models come with a two-year warranty.
WHAT IS A WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT?
A food waste disposal unit is a modern household appliance designed to grind up waste of organic origin that will then be disposed of directly into the water drainage system.
The system grinds up and disposes of any food when actioned by the Air Switch or the electronic remote control. It is easy to install and does
not take up much space. It is quiet and, above all, safe.
HOW DO I ACTIVATE THE WARRANTY FOR WASTE DISPOSAL UNITS?
To make use of the product warranty, you simply need to keep a copy of the product purchase receipt or invoice, which must be presented to the service department in the event of any problems.
CAN I INSTALL THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT ON AN UNDERMOUNT SINK?
It is possible to do so, there is nothing to prevent this method of installation.
WHERE DO I INSTALL THE REMOTE CONTROL?
The remote control can be installed anywhere. It is cable-free and comes with a 3M sticker.
HOW DO I SWITCH THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT ON OR OFF?
To switch the waste disposal unit on and off, simply press the button on the Air Switch or electronic remote control. The Air Switch must be connected to the product using the connection line inside the packaging, while the electronic remote control does not require any cables as it operates remotely.
WHERE DO I INSTALL THE AIR SWITCH?
The button can be installed on the sink or worktop.
WHAT COMES IN THE PACKAGING WITH THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT?
The following accessories are included in the packaging: waste pusher, standard plug, rubber splash guard, fixing elbow, Air Switch ignition button and instruction manual.
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT?
If you have a problem, you can consult the Maintenance section of the instruction manual, or activate a request for support or direct contact with Customer Services using the toll-free number 800 800 803, active Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 17:30.
WHAT DIAMETER SHOULD I ALLOW FOR THE HOLE FOR THE ON/OFF BUTTON OF THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT?
The on/off button (Air Switch) must have a hole with a diameter of 35 mm.
WHAT THINGS CAN I NOT PUT IN THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT?
To avoid damaging the food waste disposal unit, shells or oyster shells, glass, porcelain, plastic, large whole bones, metal objects (caps, utensils, cutlery, cans and similar), hot fats, boiling liquids, caustic soda-based chemicals, chemicals of any kind (paints, solvents, household cleaning products), plastic films and similar items should not be introduced into the unit.
HOW DO I CLEAN THE WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT?
Simple by using the product, fat or food particles can build up in the grinding chamber, causing unpleasant odors.
It is possible to remove residues and clean the device using the following procedure:
Switch off the waste disposal unit and disconnect the power supply;
- Remove the cap and upper protective gasket, and clean the inside of the gasket using a soft sponge;
- Through the sink drain hole, clean the upper lip of the grinding chamber using a soft sponge;
- Replace the upper protective gasket, put the plug in the drain hole and fill the sink basin halfway with lukewarm water;
- Reconnect the waste disposal unit to the mains;
- Run the waste disposal unit and remove the plug from the sink, allowing the water to drain away and remove any foul-smelling residues. Run cold water for a few moments to rinse the unit.
WHAT DO I DO IF I DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL THE POWER BUTTON?
Alternatively, the Electronic Remote Control can be used to switch the waste disposal unit on and off remotely.
MY WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT IS LOCKED: HOW DO I UNLOCK IT?
If the motor stops during use, it is likely that the waste disposal unit is jammed.
To unlock it, complete the following steps:
- Switch off the waste disposal unit and disconnect the power supply;
- Close the water supply tap (water system);
- Remove the upper protective gasket and, using long-nose pliers, remove the obstructing object through the sink drain hole;
- Allow the electric motor to cool for 5-8 minutes;
- Replace the upper protective gasket correctly in its seat;
- Press the reset button (switch) at the bottom of the waste disposal unit;
- Reconnect the waste disposal unit to the mains and restart.